Nature is the almighty. It is supreme. Man relies on nature for its growth, nourishment, and life. We depend upon nature for a healthy life. We relate nature to birds, animals, air, water, sun, soil, trees, plants, and fire. But there are certain facts about nature that we must know.
Facts About Nature
- There are 12 times more trees on our Earth than the estimated number of stars in the Milky Way. It is believed that there are 400 billion stars in the Milky Way, while there is an estimated 1 trillion number of trees on the Earth.
- Long long ago, it is believed that four distinct human species lived on the Earth at the same time. This was estimated from the human fossils found in Kenya, Chad, and Ethiopia. It is yet to be found out whether these species were inter-related or whether they interacted with each other.
- In a strange fact, it was revealed that cows kill more people every year than sharks. While sharks kill an average of 5 people every year, cows kill around 22 people every year. It is also a strange fact of nature that humans kill more than 100 million sharks every year.
- No one can die in quicksand. It is only a few inches deep. Those who have died in quicksand probably have been caught in tidal basins.
- All the planets of the Milky Way can fit between the Earth and Moon, and yet there will be some space left over.
- One of the strangest facts of nature revealed that lobsters do not die of old age. It is seen that other factors cause their death.
- Years ago, there were no bacteria that could ever decompose a tree. The trees existing around 300 millions of years ago were very tall and had shallow root systems. They could easily fall over. As they fell, they could not be decomposed by any microbes. They would only stack on top of each other and would convert into coal.
- Pineapples take two years to grow.
- Mosquito bites cause the death of a million people every year. It can be totaled to 2700 people dying every day due to insect bites. Malaria causes the maximum number of deaths. The mosquitos carry the virus or bacteria and then inject it into the person. A child dies every 30 seconds in the world due to Malaria.
- Pluto was discovered in the year 1930, and since then, it has yet to make a complete orbit around the sun. The reason behind this is that it has a very slow orbit. It takes around 248.09 earth years to complete one orbit around the sun.
Nature is full of mystery, and there are so many facts about nature that are unknown to man. We must preserve and conserve our nature as much as possible, and it is the only thing that gives us our life. So advice your fellow beings to stop damaging nature and try to grow more trees.