Festive Facts are some exciting parts of human life. Well, the human being comes with the idea of a lot of festivals. The whole year is all about celebrations. Since our planet earth comes with a lot of religion, there are a number of festivals to count on. Thus, we are here to discuss some surprising facts about the Turkey festival. I think you all guessed by now. Hence, we are going to talk about the Thanksgiving festival. Without any further ado, let us get going with the topic-
Festive Facts: Some Amazing Facts About Thanksgiving:
1. Thanksgiving started in the year 1621 over a three-day harvest festival.
2. The honorable President, Mr. Abraham Lincoln, proclaimed Thanksgiving a national holiday.
3. Each year, a US president pardons a turkey and spares it from being eaten for Thanksgiving dinner. The first US President who did it was President Truman in 1947.
4. Another fantastic fact surrounding Thanksgiving is that every year a target gets sent to the White House.
5. Many U.S towns are getting their names after this bird.
6. Thanksgiving is in the 2nd rank of the U.S festivals list.
7. Well, we know that Thanksgiving is all about dinner. However, the festival intakes around 3000-4000 average calories during this time of the year.
8. 8.1B is the number of calories that get consumed by Americans every year on Thanksgiving.
9. Almost 10 hours to 33 min is the time taken to burn down the calories which get consumed during Thanksgiving.
10. Nearly 9% of the total population spend Thanksgiving at a restaurant.
11. The expenditure per person for this celebration is around $48.90
12. About 46 million turkeys are consumed by Americans for this ceremony every year.
13. However, approximately 65% of Americans look for an alternative to turkey every year.
14. Hence the other options are- ham, chicken, and after that roast beef.
Some More Facts To Learn About This Thanksgiving Occasion:
15. Almost 96% of the total American Population celebrates this festival.
16. Most of the hosts are getting a helping hand for arranging the dinner.
17. About 22% of the American population includes a pet at this festival.
18. Most of the houses that host Thanksgiving parties claim that the best part of this festival is the family gathering.
19. Most of the people look forward to celebrating this festival to talk about politics.
20. The Thanksgiving traditional football match began in 1876. It was the first match played between Yale and Princeton.
21. Most Americans travel during Thanksgiving day.
22. However, most of the travelers drive to their hometown during this day.
23. Additionally, around 7% of the population are flying to their hometown.
24. The report shows around 433 casualties each Thanksgiving.
25. Most accidents involve car crashes.
26. Many houses even catch fire during this happy occasion.