The City of Atlantis is a myth, or reality is still in doubt. People around the world have several opinions about the same. Some hold the belief that it real, and some consider it a myth. But whatever it is, the story is exciting and quite indulging. Many believe that the Atlantis is a lost island or a subcontinent that was an advanced utopian society. The very first mention of the city dates back to 360 B.C. when Plato, in his dialogue, mentioned the existence of the town. These two dialogues were Timaeus and Critias. In his conversations, Plato was quite confident that the island existed in the Atlantic Ocean. But to date, the scientists have found nothing of that sort. But still, there are a few facts about Atlantis that make the people believe in its existence.
Facts About The Lost City Of Atlantis
- The location of Atlantis is still a mystery, as many scientists believe that the city is on the ocean bed of Atlantic. Some scientists believe the town is in the Mediterranean, and some believe it to be under Antarctica. Therefore its location is still unknown.
- Plato mentioned that the city is giant, even more, significant than the continent of Libya and Asia together.
- As per the narrations, people believe that Poseidon had five pairs of twin sons. Atlas was the eldest son, and he constructed a giant stupa for his father with his figure in it. The icon was a giant gold statue whose spirals were so high that it divided the clouds into two parts that came on its way.
A Few More Facts Of The Great City Of Atlantis
- People believe that the city was large, and in it, the residents were half-god, and the other half were human beings. The city was a rich and prosperous one, where people grew their food and reared animals. People of Atlantis also built large beautiful buildings and much other architecture. They made them with the main elements like red and black stones. Therefore the view of the buildings was incomparable.
- Many scientists believe that the center of the Atlantis was connected to the sea by a broad and deep canal that was almost 9 km in length, 30 meters deep, and also 100 m wide, therefore it was much more profound than Panama Canal.
- Some stories claim that the original inhabitants of the lost city had an extra-terrestrial origin that reached there about 50,000 years ago. It is also believed the people better height and skin than today’s average human being; they had an average life span of 800 years. This feature of them made them immortal.
Presence Of Modern Atlantis
Today there are several places in the world where people can visit and feel the presence of Atlantis. Some of these places are in Dubai. Where people can go for a vacation and experience Atlantis life.
Atlantis is a truth or a fiction, it is hard to have a stance, but the entire story is quite indulging. The presence of kings, gods, and immortal people, huge buildings, and modern lifestyle makes a person interested. Therefore believing in it can be a dream-like life.